Date of birth: August 23rd, 1981.
Country of residence: Germany.
- System Administration of a number of Unix operating systems (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX) with advanced use (and limited system admin experience) of Windows operating systems.
- Seeking a challenging and rewarding employment in which I can utilize and improve my Unix, high availability, network, and security expertise in an environment that encourages technical innovation and initiative.
Senior UNIX and Storage Engineer,
November 2008 – Till now
About company: Ericsson is a leading billing and customer care solution provider for mobile telecommunications. Due to â€œwe support everythingâ€ mentality, Ericsson has big environment composed of 150+ servers with all flavors of UNIX systems, as well as more than 200 terabytes of data inside of storage area network.
- Administration of UNIX infrastructure composed of Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Tru64 servers.
- Transformation of naming service infrastructure from NIS to LDAP using FreeIPA (Red Hat Directory Server + Kerberos + SLAPI-NIS)
- Administration of NetApp NAS cluster.
- Full management of SAN environment composed of IBM DS4000 storage subsystems and 4 node IBM SAN Volume Controler cluster. SAN has more than 200 terabytes of data.
- Management of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) backup server.
- Management of Brocade SAN switches in dual fabric configuration.
- Designed and deployed auto-installation system for new SuSE Linux servers. Installation time reduced from 1-2 days to 20 minutes.
- Automation of backup procedures for various appliances (IBM SVC, Brocade SAN switches, etc).
- Administration of monitoring infrastructure consisting of Nagios server with Centreon as web interface for configuration and display of performance data.
Major achievements: Design and implementation of new service monitoring infrastructure, integrating Centreon into existing Nagios infrastructure. Integration required more than 2000 lines of code in Centreon to be changed. Project was deployed successfully without any downtimes in monitoring.
UNIX Systems Administrator, L3
Brno, Czech Republic
November 2006 – November 2008
About company: IBM Global Service Delivery Center Brno provides outsourcing services for various IMTs of IBM Europe (France, Germany, Italy, etc). With more than 2500 people currently employed it is the single biggest GSDC outside of USA.Working in a subteam of 5 members, responsible for more than 500 servers with various versions of UNIX Operating System – IBM AIX, HP-UX, SUN Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Working in a subteam of 5 members, responsible for more than 500 servers with various versions of UNIX Operating System – IBM AIX, HP-UX, SUN Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Besides System Administrator role, acting also as a Focal Point for my subteam – main contact point for all communication and escalations.
- Operating system and hardware support for 300+ servers belonging to multiple French customers including such companies as Honeywell, FNAC, Merial, BNPP, REXEL and ABN AMRO.
- Operating system and hardware support for 250+ IBM AIX infrastructure servers.
- Management of 6 p570 systems with dual building and dual VIO per building architecture.
- Management of two DS4300 storage systems.
- Transformation of environment into centralized managed environment with a set of scripts writen in Python programming language and MySQL database as a backend. Database includes all information about the servers, including the connection procedure, which opens possibility of automatic login on a server located behind two or more gateways, thus simplifying connection procedures.
- Preparation and execution of server patching and upgrade on more than 200 servers including HP-UX, AIX, Solaris and Red Hat Linux servers. Servers included AIX HACMP and HP-UX MC/ServiceGuard clusters.
- Resolving tickets escalated by lower levels of support.
- File system management on various platforms. LVM configuration and maintenance.
- Development of Perl and Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks.
- Troubleshooting of hardware and software problems.
- Creating documentation and roadmaps describing complex operations for new and less experienced members of the team.
- Interviewing new job candidates.
Major achievements: In January 2008, while I was working for IBM GSDC, I was presented with a reward of being the most valuable member of the team for year 2007. Reward was based on technical skills as much as for leadership, openness and willingness to share the knowledge in the team. Having in mind that the team had 30+ members at the time and that it was my first year in the team, gives even bigger significance to the reward.
EUnet ISP (www.eunet.rs)
Linux Systems Engineer,
August 2004 – October 2006
About company: Founded in 1995, EUnet is first Serbian Internet Service Provider. At the same time, with more than 100.000 active users, it is the biggest ISP in Serbia. Being a technological leader, EUnet is a synonym in Serbia for both innovation and high-quality service.
- Built system for automated and on demand security scanning of client networks, using Nessus, PHP and MySQL.
- Part of the Sybase->Oracle billing migration team. My responsibilities were server installation, system support, close work and cooperation with development team and design and implementation of custom patch for PHP interpreter in order for billing application to work correctly.
- Design and implementation of high availability and reliability solutions for company’s critical e-commerce services (solutions included PostgreSQL replication and custom backup solution).
- Remote administration of EUnet servers located in London, UK.
- Installation and maintenance of dedicated servers which included development of simple control panel for web administration of e-mail accounts (Postfix + SASL + MySQL + CourierPOP3) and apache VHosts.
- Consulting and remote administration of Bosnia Telecom (www.teol.net) Solaris servers.
- Development of custom PERL scripts for Apache benchmark of dynamically defined VHosts.
- Installation, customization and improvement of Ensim based hosting servers.
- DNS administration.
- MySQL tuning.
- Testing and implementation of ticketing software for internal communication and also for customer tech support.
- Testing and implementation of software for internal webmail.
- Tech support for advanced hosting customers.
Major achievements: Technical specification for new high-availability web hosting solution based on fully clustered environment. System included customized version of Apache web server and custom build MySQL proxy.
VeratNet ISP (www.verat.net)
Linux Systems Administrator,
August 2002 – July 2004
About company: VeratNet was the first Internet Service Provider in Serbia to offer Internet for reasonable prices. Today, VeratNet is one of the three biggest ISPs in Serbia and biggest web hosting provider.
- Design and implementation of new hosting service that promote central management for Apache configuration, DNS records and Mail service.
- Conduct translation of production DNS, and Sendmail customer configurations from united Dialup, Corporate and Hosting service to newly developed hosting platform, with zero down time.
- Development of custom billing scripts.
- DNS, mail and MySQL administration.
- Development of custom server status monitoring tool using RRD and MRTG.
- Training of tech support officers.
- Tech support for advanced hosting customers.
Major achievements: Planing and execution of transition from old mutalized DNS and mail system to new hosting-only DNS and mail servers.
- BSCS iX Release 2: Overview
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM): Implementation and Administration
- IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC): Planning and Implementation
- System p LPAR and Virtualization II: Implementing Advanced Configurations
- IBM DS4000: Administration and Monitoring
- HACMP System Administration II: Administration and Problem Determination
- HACMP System Administration I: Planning and Implementation
- AIX 5L System Administration II: Problem Determination
Soft Skills Trainings
- Customer Satisfaction and Problem Determination
- Presentation Skills
Skills and abilities
- Operating Systems – Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows
- Services – Almost all important ISP services – HTTP, DNS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, FTP, SSH, NFS, Samba, SNMP
- Databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Programming Languages – Python, PHP, Perl, Shell scripting
- Languages – Serbian (native), English (written and spoken), German (beginner)
- Photography, mountaineering, trekking, travel.
REFERENCES ON REQUEST